Maverick is pioneering the next generation of potent, selective immunotherapies for solid tumor indications. Our novel therapeutic platform, COBRA™ is the most advanced bispecific T-cell engaging platform in its class. Maverick was founded in 2016 by a team of leading experts in protein engineering, immunology and T cell therapeutic research and development. In early 2017, Maverick announced $125 million of committed funding from Takeda Pharmaceuticals, MPM BioVentures 2014 and MPM Capital’s UBS Oncology Impact Fund. Based on the promise of the Company’s early-stage research, Maverick entered a five-year drug development project with Takeda.
This position will involve contribution towards advancing Maverick’s novel biologic therapeutic protein platform, COBRA molecules from R&D to CMC Manufacturing. It will focus on CMC Technical Operations activities involving recombinant biologics process and analytical development, technology transfer and scale-up at external contract manufacturing/research organizations (CMO/CRO), GMP manufacturing, and CMO/CRO management and oversight. Additional responsibilities may include project management and coordination of outsourced activities.
- Assist with and coordinate CMC Technical Operations activities involved in early stage development, GMP manufacturing and clinical trial initiation.
- Contribute to biologics process and/or analytical development, technology transfer to external contract manufacturing/research organizations (CMO/CRO)
- Manage project timelines to accomplish deliverables and milestones
- Evaluate technical data, prepare summaries and reports
- Make presentations at project team meetings
BS/BA or MS with 3-5 years biopharmaceutical/biotechnology industry experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Expertise in one or more of following CMC areas: biologics process development, analytical development/QC, GMP manufacturing, CMO/CRO management and oversight
- Prior experience with cross functional CMC teams and CMO/CRO management highly desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to take on multiple responsibilities and work in small team environment with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with MS Office. Experience with common laboratory and project management software.
Ability to travel to contract manufacturing/testing sites.