Maverick is pioneering the next generation of potent, selective immunotherapies for solid tumor indications. Our novel therapeutic platform, COBRA™ is the most advanced bispecific T-cell engaging platform in its class. Maverick was founded in 2016 by a team of leading experts in protein engineering, immunology and T cell therapeutic research and development. In early 2017, Maverick announced $125 million of committed funding from Takeda Pharmaceuticals, MPM BioVentures 2014 and MPM Capital’s UBS Oncology Impact Fund. Based on the promise of the Company’s early-stage research, Maverick entered a five-year drug development project with Takeda.
We are looking for an energetic, multitasking office manager to join the Maverick team!
You will have the opportunity to be responsible for many areas including: operations, lab and facilities management, safety and regulatory compliance, shipping and receiving and event coordination.
In addition, you will provide administrative and logistical support to the entire staff, including the senior leadership team. You will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Research and Discovery.
- Use creativity and compassion to build inclusive, positive company culture
- Plan on- and off-site company events, including happy hours, teambuilding events, and holiday parties
- Oversee maintenance of company website
- Serve as the front for the company by supporting visitors
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping processes and submit timely financial reports
- Maintain intellectual property documents and signatures and work closely with IP attorney’s office
- Maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs/maintenance of office equipment
- Contribute ideas to resolve administrative problems
- Assist in the onboarding process for new hires
Lab and Facilities Management
- Primary point of contact for equipment failures and alarms
- Primary point of contact for building systems failures, including plumbing, electrical, HVAC, security, etc.
- Manage preventative maintenance, equipment calibration, and service contracts
- Manage equipment inventory
- Maintain supply of laboratory gasses, dry ice, and liquid nitrogen
- Oversee vendor for lab coats and mats
- Oversee shipping and receiving of laboratory samples, ensuring regulatory compliance, handling customs paperwork, etc.
- Oversee janitorial and general building upkeep
- Oversee building upgrades and improvements from initial request through project completion
- Serve as liaison to landlord for property repairs and walkthroughs
- Available off hours as needed to handle inspections, contractors, walkthroughs, etc.
Safety and Regulatory Compliance
- Maintain building and safety equipment in compliance with government safety regulations (i.e. testing and maintenance of fire extinguishers, fume hoods, biosafety cabinets, eye wash stations and safety showers, oxygen sensors, earthquake bracing, DI water, etc.)
- As Head of Environment Health & Safety (EH&S), coordinate lab and office EH&S operations to ensure safety compliance and address staff ergonomics’ complaints
- Serve as back-up to Director of Manufacturing for QA and maintain staff QA training records
- Lead for evacuation, disaster planning, and first aid supplies
- College degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of Administrative experience with increasing responsibility
- 2+ years of Facilities management
- Experience supporting Executives
- Experience with event planning (e.g. off site activities and celebrations)
- Experience with new hire onboarding process
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including calendaring