Maverick is pioneering the next generation of potent, selective immunotherapies for solid tumor indications. Our novel therapeutic platform, COBRA™ is the most advanced bispecific T-cell engaging platform in its class. Maverick was founded in 2016 by a team of leading experts in protein engineering, immunology and T cell therapeutic research and development. In early 2017, Maverick announced $125 million of committed funding from Takeda Pharmaceuticals, MPM BioVentures 2014 and MPM Capital’s UBS Oncology Impact Fund. Based on the promise of the Company’s early-stage research, Maverick entered a five-year drug development project with Takeda.
Maverick Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated Manager of Clinical Biomarker Operations to join the Translational Oncology team. The successful candidate will work closely with Development, and Clinical groups and will manage all operational aspects of the clinical biomarker strategy for COBRA™ clinical trials.
- Provide biomarker operational expertise and guidance to all programs
- Accountable for executing exploratory biomarker strategy, including planning, coordinating, and overseeing all operational activities required to manage the lifecycle of biomarker samples (collection, processing, analysis, data delivery process and final sample disposition)
- Identify and evaluate clinical biomarker vendors, manage collaborations, and lead operations of assay development to ensure assay readiness in accordance with clinical sample testing timelines
- Evaluate key gaps in IND package
- Author biomarker portions of key clinical documents including Clinical Study Protocols, Time and Event tables, Informed Consent forms, Biomarker report forms, and Laboratory Reference Manuals
- Manage all aspects of Biospecimens collection, Biobanking and clinical sample tracking system
- Ensure collection, delivery and analysis of bio samples under the highest standards of quality, ethics, and informed consent at study level
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Pharmaceuticals or other Science discipline with 5+ years of professional experience in clinical biomarker operations, or Master’s degree in Biology, Pharmaceuticals or other Science with 3+ years of professional experience in clinical biomarker operations
- Strong understanding of clinical trial protocols and regulatory standards for biomarker research
- Strong scientific background in cancer biology, biomarkers and drug development, and clinical trial methodology, as well as experience interacting with clinical trial teams
- Proven strong planning and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a dynamic environment with multiple high priority competing projects and deadlines
- An individual who thrives in an environment that values honesty, integrity, teamwork, ingenuity and dedication as behavioral elements that could lead to making a difference in the lives of cancer patients
Value to the Employee:
The current opening offers an opportunity to join our Translational Oncology group, utilizing our novel immunotherapeutic platform toward early stage clinical investigation in a fast-paced and highly innovative company.