Maverick is pioneering the next generation of potent, selective immunotherapies for solid tumor indications. Our novel therapeutic platform, COBRA™ is the most advanced bispecific T-cell engaging platform in its class. Maverick was founded in 2016 by a team of leading experts in protein engineering, immunology and T cell therapeutic research and development. In early 2017, Maverick announced $125 million of committed funding from Takeda Pharmaceuticals, MPM BioVentures 2014 and MPM Capital’s UBS Oncology Impact Fund. Based on the promise of the Company’s early-stage research, Maverick entered a five-year drug development project with Takeda.
This position will involve the development of in vitro assays to characterize lead clinical candidate molecules in drug development. It will primarily focus on developing both immunochemical assays and cell-based assays to support the development of preclinical pipeline products. Additional responsibilities may include testing early pipeline molecules in established in vitro assays and/or developing novel in vitro assays to support mechanism of action studies.
- Execute assigned tasks following appropriate laboratory/technical procedures under minimal supervision.
- Assist with the investigation, creation and development of methods, experiments and / or technologies.
- Make detailed observations and analyze data to provide an interpretation of results.
- Prepare summaries, protocols, and / or quantitative analyses.
- Present data in group and project team meetings.
- Produce competent, reproducible results to a high technical standard.
- Maintain accurate and well-organized laboratory records and notebooks.
- BS/BA or MS (0-3 years) laboratory experience in an academic or bio-pharma R&D group.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following basic laboratory skills (ELISA, mammalian cell culture, flow cytometry, SDS-PAGE, Western).
- Must be detail-oriented with good organization and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to take on multiple responsibilities and work in small team environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office. Experience with common laboratory software (GraphPad Prism, SoftMaxPro, FlowJo) is a plus.