Maverick is pioneering the next generation of potent, selective immunotherapies for solid tumor indications. Our novel therapeutic platform, COBRA™ is the most advanced bispecific T-cell engaging platform in its class. Maverick was founded in 2016 by a team of leading experts in protein engineering, immunology and T cell therapeutic research and development. In early 2017, Maverick announced $125 million of committed funding from Takeda Pharmaceuticals, MPM BioVentures 2014 and MPM Capital’s UBS Oncology Impact Fund. Based on the promise of the Company’s early-stage research, Maverick entered a five-year drug development project with Takeda.
This position will support the development of novel conditional T cell engager molecules in oncology drug development. It will primarily focus on developing both cell-based assays and immunochemical assays to support the development of early stage molecules. Additional responsibilities may include testing early pipeline molecules in established in vitro assays, supporting the development of preclinical pipeline molecules, and supporting in vivo testing of candidate molecules.
- Execute on assigned projects following appropriate laboratory/technical procedures under minimal supervision.
- Develop novel methods, experiments and / or technologies to address relevant questions.
- Make detailed observations and analyze data to provide an interpretation of results.
- Prepare summaries, protocols, and / or quantitative analyses.
- Present data in group and project team meetings.
- Produce competent, reproducible results to a high technical standard.
- Maintain accurate and well-organized laboratory records and notebooks.
- PhD plus more than 2 years laboratory experience in an academic or bio-pharma R&D group. Candidates with MS with more than 10 years experience or BA/BS with more than 12 years experience will also be considered.
- Experience with the following basic laboratory skills: mammalian cell culture, flow cytometry, ELISA. Experience with primary human immune cells and cell-based assays is a plus.
- Must be detail-oriented with good organization and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to take on multiple responsibilities and work in small team environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office. Experience with common laboratory software (GraphPad Prism, SoftMaxPro, FlowJo) is a plus.
- Rigorous approach to record-keeping and data entry is essential.
- Excellent presentation skills in both team and department settings.
- An individual who thrives in an environment that values honesty, integrity, teamwork, ingenuity and dedication as behavioral elements that could lead to making a difference in the lives of cancer patients.