Maverick is pioneering the next generation of potent, selective immunotherapies for solid tumor indications. Our novel therapeutic platform, COBRA™ is the most advanced bispecific T-cell engaging platform in its class. Maverick was founded in 2016 by a team of leading experts in protein engineering, immunology and T cell therapeutic research and development. In early 2017, Maverick announced $125 million of committed funding from Takeda Pharmaceuticals, MPM BioVentures 2014 and MPM Capital’s UBS Oncology Impact Fund. Based on the promise of the Company’s early-stage research, Maverick entered a five-year drug development project with Takeda.
Maverick Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated Scientist in Translational and Bioanalytical assay development to join the Translational Oncology team. The successful candidate will work closely with Discovery, Development, and Clinical groups and will provide support through development of novel assays for the in vitro and in vivo characterization of the COBRA™ platform and the development of biomarker assays.
- Develop and qualify quantitative immunoassays (such as ELISA/MSD) to characterize large molecule biologic drug disposition in vitro and in vivo, from rodents to humans.
- Participate in the analysis of preclinical in vivo pharmacology studies including efficacy, pharmacokinetic, stability and ADA, as well as toxicology studies
- Develop novel biomarker assays for the COBRA™ platform
- Communicate scientific progress to management
- Maintain laboratory notebooks in compliance with Maverick Therapeutics’ policies
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or a related discipline
- 3-5+ years (dependant on degree) of industry experience, preferably in Oncology Biologics, Bioanalytics, or Translational Medicine
- Demonstrated expertise in immunoassay development and execution for biotherapeutics
- Experience overseeing PK & ADA method transfer to CROs and coordinating & troubleshooting validation activities is a plus
- Experience with IHC/tissue-based assays
- Experience with the development of translational assays
- Proficiency with assay data analysis and reporting
- Sound statistical understanding and knowledge of common statistical software (e.g. Prism)
- Rigorous approach to record-keeping and data entry is essential
- Excellent presentation skills in both team and department settings
- Experience supporting IND filings through study report writing is a plus
- An individual who thrives in an environment that values honesty, integrity, teamwork, ingenuity and dedication as behavioral elements that could lead to making a difference in the lives of cancer patients
Value to the Employee:
The current opening offers an opportunity to join our Translational Oncology and Bioanalytics group, utilizing our novel immunotherapeutic platform toward early stage clinical investigation in a fast-paced and highly innovative company.