Maverick is pioneering the next generation of potent, selective immunotherapies for solid tumor indications. Our novel therapeutic platform, COBRA™ is the most advanced bispecific T-cell engaging platform in its class. Maverick was founded in 2016 by a team of leading experts in protein engineering, immunology and T cell therapeutic research and development. In early 2017, Maverick announced $125 million of committed funding from Takeda Pharmaceuticals, MPM BioVentures 2014 and MPM Capital’s UBS Oncology Impact Fund. Based on the promise of the Company’s early-stage research, Maverick entered a five-year drug development project with Takeda.
Maverick Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated Translational Scientist to join the Translational Oncology team developing research biomarker strategies for the COBRA™ platform. The successful candidate will work closely with Discovery, Development, and Clinical groups to drive research stage programs into early clinical development.
- Provide biomarker and translational expertise and guidance to all COBRA™ programs
- Work with the Research Discovery and Development teams, to identify and develop biomarker strategies for pharmacodynamics, proof of mechanism, and efficacy endpoints
- Oversee the development and validation of biomarker assays with both internal groups and biomarker venders
- Oversee pre-clinical studies to provide key data for developing quantitative biomarker endpoints
- Work closely with Biomarker Ops to transfer assays for clinical use
- Assist in the identification and evaluation of clinical biomarker vendors
- Develop clinical biomarker analysis protocols
- Work closely with Biomarker Ops to evaluate biomarker portions of key clinical documents including Clinical Study Protocols, Time and Event tables, Informed Consent forms, Biomarker report forms
- Master’s degree in Biology, Immunology, or a related field with 3+ years of professional experience or Ph.D. with 1+ years of professional experience working in translational sciences or biomarker discovery
- Experience in IO or immunology working with biologics/large molecule drug development is preferred
- Strong scientific background in cancer biology, biomarkers and drug development, and clinical trial methodology
- Experience with the development of translational assays and management of biomarker vendors/CROs
- Rigorous approach to record-keeping and data entry is essential
- Excellent presentation skills in both team and department settings
- An individual who thrives in an environment that values honesty, integrity, teamwork, ingenuity and dedication as behavioral elements that could lead to making a difference in the lives of cancer patients
Value to the Employee:
The current opening offers an opportunity to join our Translational Oncology group and focus on building a clinical biomarker strategy, utilizing our novel immunotherapeutic platform toward early stage clinical investigation in a fast-paced and highly innovative company.